Chania is one of the most beautiful greek cities with great historical interest!
Our trip schedule contains:
• Archaeological Museum of Chania ( 1 hour )
• Beautiful park (Venizelos Graves) with an incredible panoramic view of Chania city and the Old Harbour (20 minutes stop for fotos , enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of Chania. )
• Eleftherias Square – the Courthouse
• One of the jewels of Chania town – The clock
• “Agora market”
• Stivanadika – famous leather products street
• Old Venetian Harbour + free time (approximately 2 hours)
The town of Chania is famous for its Venetian harbor and the old town with its winding alleys filled with bougainvillea and jasmine. Chania is also known for traditional leather craft and local products like honey, olive oil and graviera cheese.
In ancient times the town had the name “Kydonia” and is inhabited since the Neolithic era! Byzantines, Arabs, Venetians and Ottomans left their stigma in the city. The famous lighthouse in the old port is Arabic and the Venetians gave the city the name “Candia”. During their occupation the city literally flourished!
Believed to be the most beautiful city in Crete, Chania is definitely a must-see during your holiday in Crete!
This tour is about 6 hours