We will tour around Akrotiri peninsula. First visit the historic monasteries of Agia Triada and Gouverneto. They played an active role in the local history. We will marvel the magnificent architecture and structure of the monasteries and explore their rich history.
Next stop we will relax for two hours by the crystal clear waters of Aegean sea in a quiet beautiful bay. Oscar nominated Zorbas the Greek film with Anthony Quin was filmed on this beach in 1964.
On the way back we will stop at Venizelos graves to enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of Chania. The cafes near the graves are popular with locals from morning to sunset.
A 2-3 hour hike to the Cave of Arkoudiotisa and later to Katholiko, an ancient monastic community or wine tasting at a monastery.
• Pick up from your hotel/accommodation
• Estimated time of arrival from Chania 1 hour by car
• First stop at the Monastery of Agia Triada. Stay 1 hour. History presentation, show you the monastery, visit its Wine Cellar, Folclore and Artifacts and Woodcrafts Exhibition. Optional wine tour.
• Second stop at the Monastery of Gouverneto. Stay 45 minutes. History presentation, show you the monastery
• Optional hike to the Cave of Arkoudiotisa and later to Katholiko, an ancient monastic community. Between 2-3 hours, including rest.
• Visit for 2 hours a stunning beach with crystal clear waters.
• Last stop is Venizelos graves, for 15-20 minutes, enjoy the panoramic view of Chania.
• The tour ends where we started from unless you prefer a different location.
Duration: 7 hours – 9hours
The opening times for Agia Triada and Gouverneto Monasteries:
• For Agia Triada is every day from 8:30am until 18:30pm
• For Gouverneto is Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday from 9:00-12:00pm in the morning and 16:00-18:00 in the afternoon. On Sunday it is from 5:00-12:00pm in the morning and 16:00-18:00 in the afternoon. Wednesday and Friday is closed